Greysonline ClustaFeck

mardi 29 septembre 2015

If you are buying or selling equipment, here's something you need to know.


Had my first go at bidding on a Greys online machine auction. Normally I just go to live auctions.

http://ift.tt/1MZyZax

I'd set up an account with Greys some time ago though today were going to be the first usage.

Read the instructions for the auction. If you win the biding then Greys will contact your email with bank deposit details. No problemo.

Find what I like and then try to post a bid. Can not proceed until I enter my credit card or paypal details ??? OK, looks like a computer error. Lets ring them and get it fixed. Telstra connects me to a Sydney number and after a wait I get what sounds like the Delhi message centre. Chap answers, says its Greysonline and how can he help. Wants my email address and what is the problem. I explain the Greys instructions and subsequent problem though he insists my credit card details need to be entered ??? I explain my credit card is only for small purchases and not for big ticket machinery purchases. I start to hear laughter in the back ground so I ask to speak to somebody higher up.
After another wait I get what sounds like the same chap who insists he is the manager...... so I hang up.


So I'm thinking. When I post my details on the Greys web site all that info goes to some overseas 'office' that thinks its a joke that a customer has a concern.
Greys do warn you that they'll give your information to who-ever it suites them to. And they shaft you a high price as well.


I'll only be dealing with the reputable Australian auction houses in future.


Read the full thread at metalworkforums.com...


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor