Advice on Tablesaw Crosscut Accessories

lundi 28 septembre 2015

I'm getting a Sawstop Professional Cabinet Saw soon. In about a week. I want to have some kind of crosscutting attachment for the left side.

Initially, I was pretty much sold on just buying Sawstop's sliding crosscut table attachment. Upon closer inspection of it, however, I don't think I'll be able to use it, but I may be wrong... My space is limited. In order to use it, I would be putting myself in a position where I would have to wheel the saw out every time I wanted to make a rip cut, as the only really practical position for it would be with the long end against a wall. That's not ideal. I was cool with it, but, unfortunately, the sliding table has those little flimsy-looking legs. I don't think I will really be able to wheel the saw around with those attached.

This turned out to be kind of a setback in my thought process... I've been using a Jet table saw recently with an absolutely fantastic crosscutting slider and I really want this capability.

To clarify, I'm not talking about sheet goods. I just want a precise crosscutting attachment with a lot of adjustment and repetition capability. I expect it will mostly be used for small to medium sized furniture parts. I will stick with the hand saw > shooting board approach for larger stuff.

I've looked at the Incra 1000HD mitre gauge. It seems pretty good in a lot of ways, but I don't really like how you have to use a hex head driver to make the adjustments. The Jet model I've used, as well as the Sawstop, are all done with camlocks, thumb screws, or oversized knobs.

I also would prefer something that is permanently attached to the table, as opposed to a mitre gauge, which is something else I have to find a place to store, risk dropping, keep free of rust, etc.

Ok, there's the background. I'm looking for feedback on either of two things:

1.) Does anyone have the Sliding Crosscut Table attachment for a Sawstop saw? Is it possible to wheel the machine around on a somewhat regular, possibly daily basis with the legs attached? Otherwise, is it possible to forego using the legs at all? Those legs are really cramping my style here...

2.) What other options are out there? Is anyone using an Incra gauge? Otherwise, what are you using for crosscutting on the table saw?

Interested to hear any feedback.

Cheers,
Luke


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor