Bookcase advice

mardi 17 novembre 2015

Hi guys,

I have a little project that I would like to do- build a bookcase.

I plan to build it out of pine. ( Probably 19mm from local hardware store)

I have the basics down pat-- I plan to dado the shelfs, set a rebate in the top so it sits nicely. Rebate the back of the case and put in 1/4 plywood with glue and a few brad nails.

I think ill attach some crown moulding to the top ( this I still need to figure out a little more) .

My question revolves around attaching the shelfs--- I plan on having fixed shelfs, and have a lot of heavy books.... and bookshelf's need to be able to hold a fair bit of weight.

Are Dados enough? Some people would screw into the end grain as well and plug the holes, but Id like to avoid this if possible. If people think it needs screws as well, I was thinking of Dadoing the shelfs and putting a couple of pocket holes under each shelf and using some shortish screws so they do not protrude through the sides.

So whats the verdict? Dados and glue good enough? Or should I use screws as well? Are pocket holes under the shelfs appropriate?

Thanks all

Andrew


Bookcase advice

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor