Future Olive Blanks

samedi 5 septembre 2015

A few months ago now Kerry offered up an old Olive tree for sale in our Market Place. I scored the deal but couldn't pick it up until today as I head south to Philip Island Turnabout. I managed to minimise how much I normally pack into the trailer, but sold a few more of Gawdelpus's pen blanks to be delivered as I travelled and the 1200 odd I have with me took up more room than I thought. The olive was cut into decent chunks but there were quite a few. I filled up any spare space between my machinery, in front of the machinery, and all round. I could only just close the gate :rolleyes:. Some were cracked, one a bit hollow at base, but most were fine and solid with signs of good colour.

IMG_0886.jpg IMG_0887.jpg

Did I mention, they were all down the back of the house, down a long steep narrow driveway :o. Lucky Olive is relatively light, the biggest piece probably only 20kgs, but not an easy task for this old fella with stuffed knees and shoulders.

IMG_0888.jpg

In Melbourne I will process it down into turning blanks, bowls/pepper grinders/blocks and the odd pen blank, all to take down to Philip Island to sell & turn

Cheers
Attached Images


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor