Shorncliffe Pier Timber - EOI for Community Groups

mardi 9 décembre 2014

Hi Folks, The famous Shorncliffe Pier is being rebuilt and the Brisbane City Council is offering up timber from the old pier for community groups to use. I am a member of Sandgate Yacht Club and our club has a long history with the Shorncliffe Pier. In fact, part of the new design will include the flag mast that was often used for Sandgate Yacht Club races. The list of timber available is here: http://ift.tt/1BvrcuL



I intend to apply for some of the timber, the only problem is I have no idea what to do with, so I am looking for some ideas. The EOI is asking for the amount and type of timber wanted.



At this stage I want to make 2 things, a picture frame that will hold a photo of the pier with the Sandgate Yacht Flag flying from the flag mast at the end of the pier. The other thing I want to make is some sort of trophy. So folks, if you have any creative ideas that I could use that would be great. Would be nice to have a long term piece of furniture for the club, and maybe something we can donate to the local historical society/museum.





Here is the pic I want to use, courtesy of the John Oxley Library. The SYC flag (bottom flag) is flying from the SYC flag pole.







0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor