Mermaid Light Cord Pull

samedi 27 décembre 2014

This light cord pull is in Lime & as usual was started with the mistaken belief that it would be a easy ,quick fun project ! but in the time it took I could have done it 8" tall & in a much more realistic manner , still that wouldn't have pleased my wife as much as this tiny one ! I must admit it is nice to make a carving with a use.

For Christmas I have been getting some exquisitely fine quality Lime, it's Italian & grown at altitude & is the best I've ever seen, it's only 1.5 " thick but that is by choice as roughing out large pieces with knives alone is not my favourite part of woodcarving - besides it'll feel positively monumental after all this tiny stuff I've been doing recently . So that's my new year taken care of !

I'm afraid the pics were done on a phone camera & the piece was tiny but hopefully you'll get some idea.



Here's wishing a happy & productive new year to all - Mike


Attached Images






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor