Advice Please ; 2 Slab table build

dimanche 28 décembre 2014

G'day

I have purchased 2 nice Huon Pine slabs and plan A is to use them to make a 4 seat dining table Top

( Plan B would to join them end to end and make a big bedhead)



Each slab is 1270mm long x 550mm wide ( at narrowest ) x 45mm thick



They are rough sawn but clearly well done on a good saw and nice and straight



I have sanded them a bit to see what I had and to decide which side was best for the upside and discovered I had a bookmatch pair

I have also glued the small end cracks to stop them getting bigger



Now any advice on any phase of the job will be greatly appreciated but in particular how to joint them where they will be glued up



they touch along mid point and have between 1 and 2 mm gap at both ends but are presently square to the main faces

Somehow I think trying to guide them against a low fence on a 6" jointer could make them worse



I plan to renovate a frame/ base to attach this top too and maybe at a later date build a new frame if I can get some suitable timber at a good price



I an new to this and have limited access to equiptment



I will attach a photo of the Huon slabs

PC235823.JPGPC235829.JPG

Garry


Attached Images






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor