Multi centre / eccentric chuck

mercredi 31 décembre 2014

My "gerry rigged" chucking solution for offset faceplate turning is far from satisfactory, so it looks like a New Year's gift - probably have to be to me from me unless there is a generous benefactor in the wings that I don't know about.



There are 3 possibilities that I am aware of:

Vicmarc Escoulen Eccentric Chuck #3 with 40mm eccentric ball and ball adapter - $561

Robert Sorby RS60 Eccentric Chuck - $520

Vermec Multi Centre Chuck - $235



The Vermec is limited as it does not have eccentric capability - only multi centre.

I beleive that the Vicmarc has far more accurate repeatability in settings, but have not read anything that indicates what the limitations are with the Sorby chuck.



I think I can discount the Vermec chuck as I am particularly interested in the eccentric capability for boxes, finials, long stem goblets and the like.



Is anyone familiar with these chucks and can give me the pros and cons as they see them.



Many thanks



Bob.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor