Box of old tools

lundi 29 décembre 2014

Hi,

As the heading says I got given a box of old planes and a couple of reasonable Spear and Jackson crosscut saws. The saws only need a clean and sharpen to be good to go. Not very pretty in the handle department however. There is also a brass and wood pad saw missing a blade of course.

The planes are a mixed bunch of molding, plow, and rebate also a european horned jack that looks like it has had hardley any use. I dont know the history of them but a few have been scorched and two look too burned to be used again. The plows are both in bits and may be only good for parts. I already have a wood plow so if all else fails I have plenty of cutters for it.

About 7 are in fairly good condition and should go with a sharpen. I tried out one of the molding planes out of the box with nothing done to it at all. I cant see me using all the molding planes but I liked that reeded pattern so may find a use for it in future.

As far as I can make out the markings 6 are by Matheson and the horn plane has a tiger logo on it. Eastern europe I think. Cant make out the rest but some other marks may be lurking under the crud. Anyhoo plenty of restoration projects on the to do list.

Regards

John


Attached Images






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor