Benchcrafted Shaker Bench Build

lundi 29 décembre 2014

Well, it's been over three years in the making but I finally made a start today. The wood is mostly quarter sawn with some rift sawn radiata (thanks Mapleman for sourcing it!). Unfortunately some blue spot made its way in during air drying (my fault as I didn't keep enough air moving over it).



IMG_6147.JPGIMG_6153.JPGIMG_6158.JPGIMG_6164.JPG



First photo is the start of the day. Had the ply sized for me by the ply supplier and I'm sure it worked out more accurately cut than I could have done. Second photo is the ply carcass. Some of the ply has warped slightly and hence I put some extra ribs between the two center dividers which pulled it straight. Upside was it made for a stronger structure anyway. Third and fourth photo is the face framing cut to length. Tomorrow I hope to get the face frame lap jointed and attached. Might manage to get the footing and back on if things go well. Will update again tomorrow.


Attached Images






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor