personally....I wish I COULD blame the Indian cricket team, JET 16/32

dimanche 28 décembre 2014

Earlier this year, after another failure of the English cricket team gave me some free time, I started a project to improve my JET 16/32 sander....



http://www.woodworkforums.com/showth...fletty+cricket



Well, the Indians are playing MUCH better today but I still decided to take the opportunity to finish the project. In that post I bemoaned the fact that, because of the height, I couldn't use my conveyor stand anymore so I decided to add integral infeed and outfeed rollers because i am having trouble with long workpieces and accurately double feeding a workpiece wider than the 16" of the open-ended sander. So, I bought a pair of Carbatec's roller stands and made a set of hinged frames to support them. The frames tuck into the sides of the stand







but fold out so that the rollers line up before and after the sander platten







When the side frames are retracted, the rollers can overlap each other and the frames are 'locked' back with a couple of REM. The overall footprint is no larger than before the rollers were fitted.







It's not quite finished but I photographed it while the frames were still blue otherwise they just merge into the black sides of the old filing cabinet. Later today I'll paint the frames gloss black (maybe black and yellow diagonals to satisfy the Factories Act :roll: ) and give it a real trial.



fletty




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor