Sand paper- do you think this will work on the disc sander

dimanche 13 décembre 2015

Hi all,

I bought 2 large buckets with rolls of 450mm to 600mm wide sandpaper on Sunday at an auction (it was very cheap, so my idea was to cut it down into usable sheet size). Two of the rolls were wrapped in newspaper and taped, so all I knew about those particular rolls were they were 40 and 60 grit. After buying them, I noticed these two rolls were a lot heavier, and opening the newspaper I discovered they were Fibre backed not paper backed like the rest.



These two rolls are 3M brand, so probably a decent long lasting sandpaper, and the 60 grit roll I estimate to be at least 14m long:o.

I have an 18" double sided disc sander, which has honestly sat in the corner, as I couldn't justify buying 10 discs of the same grit (the minimum order quantity I could find for discs over 14").

This has me wondering, if this sandpaper may be suitable (I don't profess to be an expert at anything and certainly not at identifying different sandpapers and their purpose)? All the large belts and discs I have used in the past have a cloth backing.

I realise as it's not hook and loop, I am going to need to glue this on, and given it's not new, I may have issues depending on how it was stored, but at this stage, I have invested very little so feel confident in experimenting on suitable ways to adhere it to the 18" steel discs, if someone can confirm that it will be a suitable for use on a disc sander.

Thanks in advanced for any and all advice.

Cheers,

Camo


Sand paper- do you think this will work on the disc sander

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor