Decking Oil - Which one for Northern Box

mercredi 30 décembre 2015

Hi All

Now let me start by saying I have done my homework, and I made a decision to buy Spa n Deck after numerous reviews, blogs, posts suggesting it is one of the best.

Well!!! One thing I did not read was the yellow/orange pigment (This has ruined the dark red nature of the timber - only a square metre test, phew)

So, before the timber went down, I coated in Organoil Furniture Oil. This turned the timber into a lovely deep rich red colour, fantastic

I was going to Burnish the oil into the timber, but found that the timber was not completely dry enough. I waited 6 months for the timber to dry out. It has since "greyed" in parts, with a major portion of the decking covered in winter by plastic. That part is still dark red and dried. The other parts suffered the UV problem.

I am now looking at an oil that enriches the red colour (like the Furniture Oil) without a yellow/orange pigment

And Yes I know my maintenance is higher (Every 6 months).

Any Suggestions on oil based products


Decking Oil - Which one for Northern Box

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor