Parker dining table stripping and refinishing

mardi 2 décembre 2014

Hi I have a late 60s early 70s teak dining table with chairs, the top is in quite good condition, there is no damage to the veneer, but would benefit from a strip back and refinish and this will hopefully restore some of the original colour. I think the top is veneer, but the edge of the table, the legs and the chairs are solid teak. Also there are faded marks on the back of the legs of the chairs and they look very dry. The table is in quite good condition, but has a couple of faint marks on it (very pale white mark that can only be seen in the right light) that I would like to get out.



I spoke with a fellow on facebook and he said to put some Metho on some super fine steal wool, which I did on the edge of the table. After it dried, there was slight white marks, which I don't know is the varnish or is teak oil with dirt in it? He said he wasn't sure what way to move forward with stripping the table.



I am posting some photos for you, if you could advise me of the best way forward with this project.



I would love to get this finished before Christmas.



I can take more photos if this would help with your advice. :?



Photo 1: showing the fading from table top to table leaf

Photo 2: showing back of chair

Photo 3: showing edge of table, after I put on some metho and rubbed it with super fine steal wool, you will notice that to the edge there is some dusty look, once I wiped again with some metho on a cloth this came off.

Photo 4 showing me wiping the edge with the super fine steal wool.





Cheers



Table top leaf.jpgChair front.jpgtable edge after Metho.jpgtable while putting on metho.jpg




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor