Olfaction - Finishes so good they should be released as a cologne

samedi 29 novembre 2014

For a long time now I have held Ubeaut's traditional wax in high esteem when it comes to my olfactory receptors. Today however, it was time for an old king to regain the throne.



After being hidden at the back of the shelf for a number of years, I prised open the lid on one of the best smelling finishes going around the sheds of Australia. As the lid was forced free from the solidified liquid that had entombed the magic, I was instantly transformed back in time. Memories of past woodshows sprung to mind as soon as the odour was detected by my olfactory neceptor neurons and they transmitted the information to the olfactory bulbs.



The finish of course is Organoil Hard Burnishing Oil. This is one finish that should be released as a cologne for the woodworking man. The best thing is that I applied the finish to the project inside so I have been able to enjoy the lingering smell around the kitchen all afternoon. :pig:



Health warning - don't sniff finishes.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor