A half-back and a Disston Reagan #9

vendredi 28 novembre 2014

I decided to expand my range and make a half-back saw. I got this one from Mike Wenzloff a few years ago and have always liked the design.





Wenzloff half back.jpg



So the firs thing I did was to cut out a plate.



half back plate.jpg



Since I didn't feel like making a pattern and cutting out a Wenzloff style handle I decided to try the handles I made a while back for my regular back saws.



The largest was too large.



handle too big.jpg





And the smallest was too small.



Handle too small.jpg





The medium one turned out to be just right.



this handles just right.jpg





Next to pick a back, I ultimately chose my heavy weight brass. While I was at it I decided to knock out a Disston #9 Reagan too. I got the pattern from Mike W's site. This one will have the stainless back.



Reagan with small handle and stainless back.jpg





I won't go into all of the details again but here are the plates with backs installed.



Backs installed on plates and handles.jpg





And here is the half-back with the plate/back assembly fitted up to the handle.



got the half back fitted to the handle.jpg



Cheers,

Rob





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor