Fastening legs to table - conundrum

dimanche 30 novembre 2014

Hi Guys, new user. Have had a search around the forum for an answer but have come up trumps. I’m hoping someone with a bit more experience could provide me with some ideas.



I'm currently building a dining table. the construction is a large (2.5mx1.5m) top from recycled feature rich messmate and the legs are a box (loop) design.



The top is ready for finishing and I’ve just built the legs last night.



I’ve been looking for ways to fasten the box legs to the underside. Originally it was going to be just glued in and the table would have become a permanent fixture in the house. However we will now be moving in about a year, so Need to make the legs removable.



I have considered some brass threaded inserts, but all of the ones that i can source are relatively small and would need a mountain of them to fasten legs securely i assume, and then some brackets for good measure.



Have also looked at hanger bolts. Not as much a fan of these as the inserts.



Can anyone suggest an alternative, or are these two methods really my only options?





Thanks in advance




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor