Dog box.

samedi 29 novembre 2014

Hi,

I,ve been working on a resonator CBG using a dog bowl as the resonator. More an experiment than anything else but something I wanted to try. Started with hoop pine sides mitered and reinforced with a contrasting wood. I did a few CBGs with finger joints before but this is quicker and I reckon looks nicer. Front and back is meranti ply 3mm. Used some other scrap ply to beef up the ariund the cutout. This is the first CBG where I have not done a neck that went all the way through to the tail end. Resonator is in the way. I used roofing screws as they really grip and put in a plug so that the screws had something to bite on. Today I got to the test run with strings on and am quite pleased with the sound. Not too metalic but quite blusey all the same. Has had its first coat of varnish and still has the electrics to go in. Some pics of the build so far.

Regards

John


Attached Images






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor