Why do sellers try to avoid making a sale?

samedi 29 novembre 2014

I have been looking recently on Gumtree, particularly for sanitary ware for our planned extension which if you are patient you can often pick up new items at a good price.



What has been astonishing is how hard sellers often make it to purchase off them. In addition to poor quality photos and limited descriptions sellers seem unable to answer simple questions.



I have lost count of the times that I have emailed somebody to say I want to purchase an item and request their address and preferred pickup time only to have the response come back with only the time or only the address, leading to the need to make contact again. My responses are articulate and shouldn't appear like spam, I don't write "I want your item and will pay more cash provide your bank and I pay".



On Thursday I contacted a guy to ask if he would be willing to post 3 items he had for sale. I mentioned I would post up three Australia Post satchels, self addressed so all he would have to do is drop them off in a post box (no visit to the post office needed). I know the item can easily be sent in a 3kg satchel. I said if he was happy to do that he should send me his details so I could make payment and send up the satchels. His response was (a day later) was that he would be happy to post but would need to get the items weighed and was concerned that the cost if postage would make the purchase unviable. I got back in touch again after an hour and said I was happy to pay for the goods & postage, confirmed again that they can be sent in a satchel and all I needed was details on how he wanted to be paid. Still no response.



If I was the seller I would be bending over backwards for a sale. This guy has the opportunity to get rid of three items in one hit. No negotiations on price, no need to wait around for somebody to collect from his house. No risk as the items would be paid for prior to him putting them in a post box.



I would have thought that if you had the skills to list an item on Gumtree (with a photo) then it wouldn't be too difficult to negotiate the details to complete a sale.



Rant Off



Cheers



Stinky




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor