Cute Little Bonsai'd Disston Saw.

mardi 10 novembre 2015

Interesting pickup from a job lot of tools I bought recently. An 1878-88 medallion 23 inch D8 that I've put in the photos to provide scale, and then there's it's baby brother.

No etch found as yet, but I'm pretty confident that handle has been on it forever. 1896-1917 medallion, 20 inches long and with a Disston pattern handle, but in miniature. My hands are not overly large, but I can only get three fingers in it. Indeed, there's a worn depression on the upper right side of the handle which speaks of many years of three finger use with the index finger outside the grip.

I saw some mention of little saws made for young apprentices - "Manual Academy"???? Can anyone confirm, deny or point me at further information?

DSCN0638.jpgDSCN0639.JPGDSCN0640.jpg
Attached Images


Cute Little Bonsai'd Disston Saw.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor