Advise me on wax that performs

mardi 8 septembre 2015

I currently have two waxes and neither of them I'm happy with - Minwax finishing paste wax and the ever famous over rated but great on tools the renaissance wax which works great on end and edge grain but does nothing on face.
I never apply wax on raw timber it's either oiled or shellacked and dare I say may even be over poly but rarely as I'm a clock maker and do not have the need to use poly and nothing will be spilt on it. The current results I'm getting with the waxes I've got they tend to dull rather than make it shiny. I want the gloss or high sheen to stand out not regress even though it may be only slight it shouldn't happen. My friend tells me carnauba wax will make it shiny I have for experimentation tried car polish with carnauba in it and it turned out looking plasticy.

If anyone can advice me on what wax will give me a nice shine all day everyday without leaving finger print marks I'm all ears.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor