Hello,
Over the Christmas break I'm hoping to finally get going with my bench build.
My wish list is for a Benchcrafted leg vise. But, its a lot of $$$ to get a leg vise that spins oh so freely. I've been looking at using either a Veritas or Lie-Nielsen twin vise as a face vise. This is cheaper than a top-spec leg vise (I don't want a leg vise where I need to adjust a bottom pin), but it still allows me to clamp vertically between the vise screws.
Finding reviews or even decent YouTube videos of these is hard. Does anyone on here have experience with either of these vises? Do they really not rack? How steady are they when screwed all the way out?
Thanks in advance.
Nathan.
Over the Christmas break I'm hoping to finally get going with my bench build.
My wish list is for a Benchcrafted leg vise. But, its a lot of $$$ to get a leg vise that spins oh so freely. I've been looking at using either a Veritas or Lie-Nielsen twin vise as a face vise. This is cheaper than a top-spec leg vise (I don't want a leg vise where I need to adjust a bottom pin), but it still allows me to clamp vertically between the vise screws.
Finding reviews or even decent YouTube videos of these is hard. Does anyone on here have experience with either of these vises? Do they really not rack? How steady are they when screwed all the way out?
Thanks in advance.
Nathan.
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire