Not fit for purpose

lundi 1 décembre 2014

Hare and Forbes, quality control???



In October of this year I bought Vertical Mill Slide (item no L77) whilst on holiday in Melbourne. The slide sat in my workshop until yesterday when I fitted it to my lathe. When fitting it I noticed the slide was not sitting parallel with the chuck, so I took the slide off the backing plate and checked the vertical slide’s backing plate for square ness. Over the length of the backing plate (some 105mm) it is in excess of 0.50mm off square. In essence this makes the vertical mill slide useless.



I have no intention of driving from Adelaide (where I live) to Melbourne to return the slide, neither do I intend on paying for the postage to post it to Melbourne for Hafco to inspect, and of course I can't find the receipt, so I guess I'm out $176 thanks to Hafco's lack of quality control. Can't expect them to check every item, but at the very least I think Hafco should check at least one of each batch for tolerances.



I had to make a flat flat plate to bolt the slide to and then bolt the plate to the cross slide as the holes in the slide weren't wide enough so I suppose I could pack up the back of the mount to make it square, but really, I shouldn't have to do that. Really makes me angry.



Anyway I know you chaps are fond of pictures, so here they are:


Attached Images






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor