Can you help identify this saw maker

mardi 2 décembre 2014

lol what a subject line, I received a gift from an antique dealer to help me get started in restoration and sharpening. This looks like a real beauty and rare indeed, we believe it to be around 1850 but obviously we cannot be for sure. The stamp read J Taylor & Son Sheffield so I know it's made in England but the maker himself is unknown to me and I cannot find anything about him on the net, not even at WKfinetools. The blade isn't straight as there is a small curve at the front and back of the saw. There is only one split nut the rest someone has inserted ordinary wood screws.



Has anyone any knowledge about the maker and could anyone confirm it's year date. Also where can I buy split nuts.


Attached Images






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor