Tassie 5-axis

mercredi 11 novembre 2015

Hi All,
My name's Tim, a designer based in Hobart. First time post and build so please be kind :). That same old story of that I thought I should share and contribute after lurking for many years.

So the machine is a 5 axis moving table fixed gantry machine designed for timber and non-ferrous; with a capacity of 2440 x 1220 x 600mm (complete 5 axis machining area in terms of offset) max speed of 25mpm. It's a tad bit overbuilt! - I got lost in a CAD and FEA land.

All linear axis (X, Y, Y slave, Z) use 32/32mm TBI rolled ball screw, with the ball nut housed inside DIY rotating nuts made from lasercut steel. There's a pulley ratio of 1.46 using AT10 belting, to a leadshine "easy servo" Nema 42 12nm. Hiwin 20mm linear rails are used, mounted on a bed of epoxy steel (using the piano wire encasement technique for mounting)- so far looks to be a clean 0.1mm accuracy (very happy about!).

The two axis head uses two SHG-2UH-32-80 harmonic drive secondhandys off ebay. The head is constructed from laser cut steel (slot/tang welded). Once again nema 42 closed loop steppers are used with AT5 belting and pulleys. The spindle is a 4kw Chinese air cooled model from ebay.

On the electrics side I went with a KFLOP board.

So basically all the physical work is done. I'm just waiting on the electrics to be finalised and installed, and once the machine is running I can build the vacuum table and vacuum source. I've probably left a bucket load of details out, so if you have any questions I'm happy to help if I have the time.
Attached Images


Tassie 5-axis

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor