Solar kiln

mercredi 25 novembre 2015

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before? I couldn't find much info on the net about this.
I own a market garden and had a few glass houses. One was 80m x 30m and the other was 50m x 18m. note that i say "was"...

a couple of years ago the larger one decided it had been standing up for long enough. It was a dry, no wind, warm spring day. It simply laid down. there was a fair amount of damage as you could imagine, but overall most was able to be saved.
The crazy part was after I had walked over to check it out and say my goodbuys to the glass house that had been on the family farm since before I could walk. I was heading back to the house when I heard the other glass house creeking and cracking. There was nothing I could do but sit and watch as it fell to the ground like its friend up the hill.
It was a bad day for the buisness as we still used these glass houses to grow tomatoes, celery, beans, cucumbers, zucchinis and silver beet. I still struggle to work out how they both collapsed on the same day, when they were 500 meters apart? maybe a small earthquake, maybe they had both been standing for 25 year and just called it quits? I'll never know.

Anyway, I decided to salvage a small portion and build a little seedling raising glass house next to the packing shed. Its 15m long x 6m wide x 4.5m high.

My question is, could this be used as a solar kiln? its not fully sealed, but close to it. I don't know anything about kilns so I might be going down a totally wrong path? If I covered the timber to stop any direct sunlight would this area be an option?
One side opens right up so I can drive a tractor in.
I'm not raising seedlings at this stage so the building isn't being used. its very dry inside, when the watering system isn't on!

Any advice is very welcome.

Cheers,

Ash.


Solar kiln

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor