Saw score or just junk - Disston

vendredi 20 novembre 2015

Dropped a trailer load of stuff off to a mate at the Qbn swap meet earlier this evening, and took a stroll around and found this for $12

DSC_0283.jpg
DSC_0284.jpg

10" long, 4" deep from the top of the back and 13 TPI. Medallion says Disston.

I figure I will drop it to the local sharpening guy and have him clean it up, and then set to and build a handle that fits my hand. There are several teeth that are missing and my eyes are not good enough to file that small from scratch.

$35 to get it sharpened and the time taken to build a handle may be more than it is worth, but I will at least get the satisfaction of trying it before I lash out on a Gramercy blade kit. I think it might make a reasonable carcass saw?
Attached Images


Saw score or just junk - Disston

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor