Model A - black finish on apron

mardi 10 novembre 2015

Hi All,

I have removed the paint from the apron to find a black coating that is very tough. Is this a black oxide coating? Is this an original finish or just an under coat, rust prevention? The serial number indicates a 1947 build.

The carriage also has same coating, but the photo shows the two layers of paint I found. The current grey colour I think is recent and it looks like the lathe was painted with most parts in place. One of the gear/thread plates has touches of this colour.

I am not worried about getting the original colour correct (I was thinking of a bright gloss yellow or orange), but the black finish intrigues me. If I decide to leave some of the lathe parts with this black finish, I will need to re-apply the black in a few places.


IMG_20151111_130159.jpgIMG_20151111_130302.jpgIMG_20151111_130204.jpg
Attached Images




Read the full thread at metalworkforums.com...


Model A - black finish on apron

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor