Great bar of cast iron - can anyone help cut it (and keep some)?

vendredi 13 novembre 2015

Hi all,

I have been keeping my eye out for cast iron at the local scrap yard that would be suitable for making some straight edges and dovetail templates as I gear up for some resto work on the lathe and mill. You don't see too much cast iron about that isn't shaped like a pump, or something.

I saw this and grabbed it for a song. It is a 110cmx20cmx8cm. The 'ears' at each end extend on that given length. It must weight in at a 120kg or so. It is an elevator weight.

IMAG0511[1].jpg


If anybody out there is after some cast, and they have the means to help me cut a length or two off this they are welcome to share it with me.

If nobody, then all hints as to how (or where - even professionally) I may get it cut are welcome! :-

Many thanks.

Greg.
Attached Images




Read the full thread at metalworkforums.com...


Great bar of cast iron - can anyone help cut it (and keep some)?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor