Cyclone for home shed CNC questions

mardi 24 novembre 2015

Hi, I'm new to this forum, and apologies for not having read other relevant threads re: these questions. have a home CNC router - a very good quality, large table unit which I purchased from a professional manufacturer. I mainly use it to machine model aircraft moulds from Corian, Laminex Freestyle or other similar solid surface benchtop material. But it creates very fine dust. I have a Carbatec FM300 dust collector which originally had a dust bag but it leaked huge amounts of smokey dust, so I replaced it with their 1 micron cartridge filter. It's a lot better, but the finest dust still gets through it and it clogs fairly quickly (it has a winding flapper system that you use to knock the clogged dust off the insides of the cartridge flutes). The FM300 does have some cyclone action as the inlet enters at a tangent into the chamber creating a vortex, but I don't think it does much. So I'm very attracted to getting a proper cyclone to sit inline. However I am not an expert and don't know whether the cyclone would help with this ultra fine dust? I have spoken to some manufacturers who've said that cyclones are really more effective at eliminating larger debris. The FM300 is a 2hp blower and has 100mm ducting. I'm fairly handy, but when I've looked at some of the DIY threads on making a cyclone they seem beyond my expertise and time capacity. I'm just doing this in the suburbs and have to be careful not to offend my neighbors with noise etc, and I'm not keen to set up an external system, or spend too much on a big professional system. I'd really appreciate any advice - thanks, Andrew.


Cyclone for home shed CNC questions

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor