Bandsaw - what the heck is this!?

mercredi 11 novembre 2015

Hi, I picked up this bandsaw at a garage sale for $20, no blade. There is absolutely NO identifying mark or sticker so I'm hoping someone can help me ID this saw so I can source a manual and some parts.

A previous owner had used an indelible marker to write "Blade 1770" inside the cover, but that's it. I found a Powerfit 6TPI 10mm x 1790mm blade at bumblings and it does fit and cuts OK, but in heavier stock (23mm chipboard veneered both sides) the drive belt slips badly, and the blade stops. It is a 3 speed saw and I've tried all speeds and have the same problem.

The drive belt is actually stitch joined with fine wire so I guess I can buy some of the belt material and fabricate my own belt but the right gear is usually a better option!

There is minimal belt adjustment by sliding the motor on it's mount bolts but this belt is too stretched to get tight enough. At the moment it looks like it's about 680mm overall length.

Anyone know what this saw is, and hopefully where I can get parts?
Thanks in anticipation
Attached Images


Bandsaw - what the heck is this!?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor