Painting a Vice - A question or two about preparation.

vendredi 28 août 2015

This vice needs repainting -

DSC_4129 (Large).jpg

I don't want to remove the existing paint or more importantly the filler. My idea is to patch the chipped sections with body filler and sand the patched sections and the remainder of the painted surfaces to a uniform smooth finish prior to priming.

My question is what would be the best way of degreasing the exposed bare metal prior to filling to best ensure adhesion. I would remove any rust mechanically with a Dremel mounted wire brush. I do also have some effective phosphoric acid thanks to a BobL tip but I don't know how iron phosphate works as a base for filler.

I have acetone, isopropyl alcohol and enamel thinners at hand.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bob.
Attached Images


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor