What timber for under-house work bench in termite area?

lundi 31 août 2015

Evening gents,
I need to make a proper new work bench come storage shelves to replace the shelf of a bench that the previous house owner fashioned from chipboard.

The room is under the house and part of one wall (from inside floor level to about 300mm above) is natural dirt. The rest of the walls are brick and the ground is compacted dirt with block pavers laid fairly neatly on top. Living on the Northern Beaches termites are a real risk. The joists that the house floor sits on are VERY hard hardwood.

Being a Pom I know I shouldn't attract the little critters, shouldn't use pine and should use hardwood, but thats about where my knowledge expires.

I guess I should be looking at a cheap, carcassing grade hardwood?

Any suggestions on what I should be asking for at the timber merchants?

Thanks
Jon


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor