Trailer Lift

dimanche 30 août 2015

I want to try to find a relatively easy way to store my trailer indoors but not take up valuable spare.
I've seen u tube videos of guys doing this in the US.
Its quite a heavy duty Ranbuild shed ( 16x 6m). Empty trailer weighs 200kg. Shed walls are 2.4m high.Bay spans are about 2.5m each.
I am thinking about an I Beam mounted to the peak and reaching across the two bays, an electric hoist and an I Beam dolly off ebay.
Lift up the trailer and push it over to the end of the shed, over the top of the motorbikes.......
Anybody have any idea on how to size the I Beam for the load and the best way to attach it to the shed? I guess it won't have to be huge as it just has to support the hoist, dolly and trailer...300kg all up?

I also need to find a way to raise the trailer as high as I can to minimise the clearance issues, so long slings won't do.
Maybe some Eye bolts mounted to the inside corners of the trailer?

(Can't upload pics yet. Moderator: I get little red exclamation mark next to uploaded file and it fails ))
Attached Images




Read the full thread at metalworkforums.com...


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor