New Woodworking Award

samedi 29 août 2015

When I was a youngster in the Army the Q Store blokes at one unit instituted an award. The winner was required to leave on his desk for a week a large, beautifully and intricately carved and polished wooden phallus. It was the D1ckhe@d of the Week Award. When I first saw it the award was on the desk of the Quartermaster.

I have decided that this award should now be instituted for woodies. The inaugural winner is ... drum roll ... me.

Was veneering over MDF for a new cabinet. Each side was two veneers taped together. I took the finished panel out of the vacuum press but as I went to remove the tape holding the veneers together it became apparent that there was tape on one side of the panel only. The tape for the other sided was glued firmly between the veneer and the MDF.

Bugger! Thankfully the 80 grit paper on the drum sander had that veneer ... and tape ... off pretty quickly and the newly veneered panel has just come out of the press, so no disaster ... only a D1ckhe@d of the Week Award.

Any volunteers to create a judging panel for future awards?


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor