In the market for a 1st Bandsaw . . . .

vendredi 28 août 2015


I only have a Budget of $500 or there about's, and I need a saw that will happily cut Pen Blanks, and wood to around 100x100mm. Its not going to be a work horse, but something that will easy to swap out blades, and one where the blade size is easy accessible here in Australia.

I'm looking at the Carbatec 10", Hafco Woodmaster BP-250/255/305 and weighing towards the HW BP-255 as when I sign up I can get $50 off and will leave a few $$ for a decent blade. The Carbatec, for my liking is too pricey for what it is, and
I dare say it wouldn't be much better for the $$ than the others.

Has anyone know of the Hafco brand ?? Are they any good ? Just wanting to cut on the smaller size, pen blanks MDF and such, would it be pertinent to buy a 6TPI blade?? I'm guessing (as I have only used a Meat Saw to cut up pigs and sheep in the past) TPI is Tooth Per Inch ?? The more teeth on it, would give a better cut ? or is it the other way around ??

So as a 1st Bandsaw for the small cutting I want to do, would either of these be a good choice ?? Not sure either where else to look for Band Saws in Perth ?? Anyone know of anywhere else ?


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor