Help/Advice 300x300x2500mm wood bench (Metal support advice)

samedi 29 août 2015

Hi Guys

Need some help/advice with making a custom hardwood bench for my home. I'm looking to replicate this but in one block 300x300x2500mm. It is easy for me to source the timber but I was wondering if someone with experience can help with questions regarding the 'metal support legs'.

I was wondering what is the best way to attach the metal legs? (the current model shows that the metal is slide into a grove that is cut to fit the thickness of the metal legs.

1) Can someone advice where (which companies) I can customise these metal legs from?
2) What material should these metal support be made of?

Alternatively I was thinking of not cutting the groove but customising the metal support in a 'U' Shape so the wooden post will just sit on it? I was wondering how can I calculate the minimal thickness required for the U shaped support so that it will not topple if the timber post just sits on top of it?...

Many thanks in advance for the recommendations

Ryan

Unknown.jpegUnknown-1.jpeg
Attached Images


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor