Hi. I have a BP-355 bandsaw (Hare and Forbes). It was in beautiful condition when I bought it, but after doing some really dumb things with it I'm now struggling to get it back into top condition.
Currently I'm puzzled about the amount of noise its making and the irregular running. Looking inside the lower cabinet, I was puzzled about the belt wheel. The belt wheel (which is attached to the lower bandsaw blade wheel) seems to have a v groove in its perimeter. I expected the v belt to be running in this groove, but instead its actually running somewhere/somehow behind the belt wheel. Maybe there is a second v groove there and all is well, or maybe there isn't and the belt has somehow slipped out of the v groove it should be running in. I don't know because I cant see anything and there's no way I'm taking the wheels off to have a look (not with my record on getting things back together again :C).
I"ve attached a couple of photos. Hopefully they make my question clearer.
And while we're at it, can anyone advise on how much belt tension is required ?
cheers and thanks
Arron
bandsaw belt 2.jpgbandsaw belt 1.jpg
Currently I'm puzzled about the amount of noise its making and the irregular running. Looking inside the lower cabinet, I was puzzled about the belt wheel. The belt wheel (which is attached to the lower bandsaw blade wheel) seems to have a v groove in its perimeter. I expected the v belt to be running in this groove, but instead its actually running somewhere/somehow behind the belt wheel. Maybe there is a second v groove there and all is well, or maybe there isn't and the belt has somehow slipped out of the v groove it should be running in. I don't know because I cant see anything and there's no way I'm taking the wheels off to have a look (not with my record on getting things back together again :C).
I"ve attached a couple of photos. Hopefully they make my question clearer.
And while we're at it, can anyone advise on how much belt tension is required ?
cheers and thanks
Arron
bandsaw belt 2.jpgbandsaw belt 1.jpg
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire