Art Deco

dimanche 22 février 2015

A while ago I was looking at some Art Deco images and came across a picture of a box that was on an antique auction site. The Art Deco box was Italian and made about 1920 and was to my eye simply elegant. I decided to attempt a similar design but include a wooden hinge of my own design. This box is made from some light coloured cedar and is lined in the base with a red suede leather.

Because the hinge design gives a clean uncluttered look to the rear of the box I decided to repeat it at the front as it also works well for the finger lift. It gives the design some symmetry.

The box measures 240mm wide x 150 mm x 80mm deep.

ADB2.JPG

Front view

ADB3.JPG

Rear view

ADB4.JPG

Side view

ADB5.JPG

Open view


Attached Images






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor