Genset load balancing - help!!

dimanche 22 février 2015

I got a bit too enthusiastic setting up my shed on a newly purchased property. As yet no power and as I have some large (single phase) equipment I figured that I'd get a decent genset. Bought a 3phase/single phase diesel genset so I could run my existing single phase gear and have the option to get some 3 phase gear in the future. All good till I came to use it!



Apparently it is pretty common on all sub $10,000 3phase gensets that you have to balance the load across all of the single phase outlets. i.e. if you just use one of the outlets to power your circular saw, you'll stuff up the internals, blow the circuits and void your warranty. Kind of makes it useless unless there are three folk all ready at the same time to turn on three identical machines.



Is anyone aware of a practical way of balancing the loads e.g. an adaptor that can plug in to the 3 single phase outlets to share the power demand evenly across each?



Alternatively, if anyone needs a dedicated 3 phase 11kva generator going cheap let me know!!



Cheers

Phil




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor