Workshop Benches/Tables deceptively large

mardi 22 décembre 2015

I decided to build an out feed table for my table saw which can also double as an assembly table. After watching an episode of The Wood Whisperer on youtube, I purchased 2 sheets of 17mm ply and have designed the procedure for making the table according to the video's suggestions.

Marc Spagnuolo (TWW) recommended that the outfeed table be wide enough to support half a ripped 2400 sheet after it passes the saw blade ie. 1200mm from saw blade.... length is not as critical and the height to be about 1 1/2 mm below the table saw height.

This works out to a table of approx 1100 wide x 1500 long x 885 high.

I had a brainwave (I thought)....why not purchase an old cheap timber dining table on Gumtree, add the adjustable plinth brackets to the legs for height adjustment and add a shelf about 1/2 way up the legs. After getting some feedback from several people on Gumtree about dimensions of their tables I realised that not even a large dining table is big enough. I measured our own large silky oak table for comparison and it fell well short of my requirements for the out feed table.

Most of the dining tables are 300mm too narrow and astonishingly to me....140mm too low.

So back to the original plan of making it from scratch using the ply sheets I have.


Workshop Benches/Tables deceptively large

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor