Robinson Morticer Motor - how to remove spray paint

mardi 22 décembre 2015

Hi Folks,

One of the many projects on the to-do list at home was to disassemble and clean my Robinson morticer. I was rather fortunate to find this machine in Newcastle, and for the past few months it's been neglected, with all my work commitments/travel lately. Nevertheless, I've slowly disassembled the morticer and cleaned all parts. The wiring on the motor was frayed, so I cautiously took it to a motor professional to get rewired. In good nature, they returned the motor with a new coat of black spray paint all over the motor! Yes, yes, they were just doing a professional service...

Personally, I sway towards the conservation rather than restoration side of the argument. The fashion of a full strip and repaint doesn't appeal to me - where the original paint is still present; the history of use, character and patina of paint simply can't be created overnight. So I am interested if anyone has any suggestions on how to remove the black spray paint, whilst keeping the original paint underneath, should it be possible?

Regards,
Raymond.

DSC00040.jpgDSC00042.jpg
Attached Images


Robinson Morticer Motor - how to remove spray paint

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor