Bunnings handsaw to rip red gum?

samedi 26 décembre 2015

Hi all,

After xmas, I have A) a $100 bunnings voucher, B) some old redgum house stumps and C) 2 weeks off. I want to see what I can do with these things and first things first I want to rip a couple of them into thin planks in the hope of making a small, basic table top.

Now, I'm really just starting out with woodworking and am (naively?) convinced I'm going to try doing as much as I can without power tools. As such, I'm about to pop down to bunnings to get myself a hand saw to try to rip these things with. I'm aware that red gum is a pig to work with and I might be signing myself up for 2 weeks of anguish, but I'd rather try and fail (and hopefully learn something).

Any advice on particular models or brands to go for (or avoid)? Do I need to worry about rip saws vs. crosscut saws? If there's just no hope with anything from the big green shed I'll find something else to spend the voucher on and pony up for a decent handsaw from some other tool shop.

Cheers!


Bunnings handsaw to rip red gum?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor