Wood for hatchet handle

jeudi 29 mai 2014

I've been re-handling some of my tools lately, and after breaking my hatchet today, I figured it would be a fun project to make a new handle for it. I'm not sure what sort of wood to use - I have a few scraps around that I'd like to select from, but not sure what criteria to go on.



Here's what I have...

Camphor Laurel - this might not be strong enough?

Merbau

Old mixed aussie hardwood, left over from residential renovation - it's workable, but maybe too rigid for an axe handle?

Eucalypt branch that fell in my garden a couple of years back, and I kept a 120mm branch just in case

Silky Oak



Being a small hatchet that doesn't get a super amount of use, perhaps the wood is not so critical, but I did break it today, so I do need it to be strong enough.



Any thoughts on which of these woods might be suitable?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor