Out of round solution

samedi 31 mai 2014

I have become more self-critical about my pens and am particularly focused on fit, ie transition bw pen parts and blanks. I've noticed that that on some of the pens, even the latest ones have non-concentric parts, they are out by a smidgeon, but nonetheless they're out. I want to be able to at least get the transition bw the nib and the lower barrel spot on. I have a mandrel saver but i think the hole in it is slightly enlarged and that gave me a bit of run-out, i switched to just the brass nut but there's still a bit of vibration resulting in a less than perfect fit. The mandrel rod is straight, centres line up, i'm now contemplating turning bw centres, what do you think? You can't see any non-concentricity while the lathe is turning but there is a little vibration there.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor