Suitable Chuck Jaws

mercredi 28 mai 2014

I have A SN2 chuck and a small Teknatool tommy bar chuck.



I also have a couple of sets of bowl jaws, a set of pin jaws and a set of 35mm spigot jaws

acquired at the recent Bris. WWW show.



I went to the show with the intention of buying both the 35mm jaws and a set of Powergrip

jaws., You see, I have a number of projects started before I left Bris., and therefore the club.

These projects were started using larger jaws of the Powergrip type.



No one had the Powergrip jaws and I thought of getting a set of VM jaws and boring out the holes

so they matched the SN chuck holes.



Enzo informed me that just drilling out the holes was a no no. He said the only way to do it was

for him to take my chuck and the VM jaws and have everything properly aligned and machined.



I think, given his background and experience, that he should be believed.



I am going to have a look at US sites to see if I can pick up the set I want.



Any comments that may be helpful would be appreciated.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor