Using available 'things' for soundproofing Impeller and motor

mercredi 28 mai 2014

My dust extractor (which will hopefully be hooked up this weekend) has the impeller and motor stored in a separate 'woodshed' just outside the main shed. I did this due to noise concerns in the first place but am still expecting to have to do quite a bit more based on other people's experience.



What I am trying to work out is how well 'things' that I already have will work. There is at least 40cm room all around the motor/impeller frame.



- I kept a single mattress when I moved thinking this would come in handy

- I have a lot of firewood which I could stack in boxes and then stack the boxes on each other and leave there permanently

- I have been known to consume a glass or two of wine and was thinking of keeping the empties and stacking these into boxes and perhaps even stuffing paper into the boxes as well. This may take me a week or two :)



Have others tried things that do not involve building a frame and using insulation? I am very keen to make use of resources I already have and save a few bob at the same time.



Also, if I only insulate on the 3 sides closest to the main shed will this work for when I am in the shed (neighbours are more than 50 metres away and the closest one has a barking dog anyway!!!



thanks (in advance)



Mick




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor