Starting of my woodworking shed

mercredi 28 mai 2014

Hi guys,



My 30th is almost upon me and I've just bought a house with a 2 car garage which I'm going to insulate and turn into my woodworking shed. Since I'm coming from a townhouse, I have no tools except for a hammer, chisels and a couple of odds and ends. I've done woodworking as a hobby before and I was forced to teach woodworking at a highschool so I know enough to get going with basic machinery. My family has been kind enough to give me some vouchers to Total Tools to kickstart my woodworking needs, and I'm looking for some advice from you knowledgable bunch.



I am already being given one of these - http://ift.tt/1mDpsGs so that's covered but I need everything else! I will have 2.5k to spend, and I'm looking for the tools I'll need for deck building, and later some simple furniture making and general hobby woodworking. What would you all buy as your first set of equipment?



I've seen some good looking combo kits of drills/circular saws so I was thinking of getting one of those. I won't need a reciprocating saw/torch/worksite radio so I'd get one of the smaller combo kits. And has anyone some experience between buying a small dedicated table saw versus a table to convert a circular into a table saw?



any advice is very warmly appreciated!

Robbie




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor