My Spring PITH on IAP

jeudi 29 mai 2014

Well according to the tracking information, my partner received his pen, so I guess this is safe to post here. This was something I've been wanting to try for awhile, and I just thought I'd give it a try. It's a kitless long clicker. I used a mechanism that's all brass from Richard Greenwald. It requires that you turn a button for the clicker. I used the nib & clip from a long clicker that I ruined about 2 years ago. I knew the parts would come in handy someday.:rolleyes: To make the pen as long as a long clicker, I had to add the green sections. I used alumilite because at 1st I planned on threading the cap so it could be removed. But after I turned the green clicker, I realized it wouldn't unscrew, so I just glued it in.



The theme for the PITH was FOG wood (Found on Ground). The blank I used was from an old fence post made of osage orange. The fence lined the 1st railroad that crossed Arkansas in the late 1800's. I can't prove it, but that's what I was told by my friend who found it. The tracks are long gone, but the raised track bed is still there in places, along with some of the fence posts.



The blank was about as long of a piece that I could cut from the section of the post that I received. The finial below the clicker is also a piece , but the color was sure different once I got inside. This is almost the same length as a long clicker, just a bit larger in diameter. I also had to make a custom extension to bridge the gap between the mechanism and the clicker. They are pretty easy to make. In fact I have a spare. . . . . . . . . . . . . . somewhere on the floor of my garage.:-



Anyway, here it is.









And here's one next to a long clicker to give you an idea of the size.





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor