Saw blade tensioning for panel and hand saws

samedi 26 décembre 2015

This is how I hold the saw and hammer. The hammer was made by Glen Stollmeyer (Hammers). This is a 1.5 pound hammer made of D2 tool steel with a wisteria handle. The anvil is a 19th century Peter Wright of 100 lbs. This combination of anvil and hammer, particularly due to the hardness of the hammer and the springiness of the wisteria handle makes for an excellent rebound.

blade tensioning pic 1.jpg


I stand with the anvil 90o to my body, or 45o with the anvil to my right hip when I use my bigger anvil for 0.042" thick saw blades. I hold the end of the blade with my left working the blade progressively over the surface of the anvil applying medium intensity blows about 3/4" above the toothline from toe to heel. I check the toothline for straightness after every pass across the anvil.
Attached Images


Saw blade tensioning for panel and hand saws

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor